Yondo provides you with a free "storename.yondo.com" domain address, but you can also use your own domain name; such as "www.company.com" or "sales.company.com".
Having your own domain name is seen as more professional and makes it easier to promote your business through video and live sessions.
To set your online store to your own domain name, you will need the following:
- Your own domain name – If you don’t already have one, you will need to register it. There are many domain name providers you can choose from. Just search for “domain name” using the search engine of your choice or scroll down this page for a list of major providers and their corresponding setup instructions.
- Access to DNS configuration – Most domain providers allow you to modify your domain’s DNS records. This is sometimes called a “Zone File”. Before you register a domain, please make sure that your chosen provider allows this.
When you are ready, go to your Yondo account and then to the left-side navigation bar. Now go to the Configuration section, click Store Settings and then select Domain.
Here, click the "Set up a domain alias" button, in the middle of the screen.
Next, click the blue Proceed button.
Now enter your subdomain details:
- What is your base domain name? – This is the URL of your website or own domain. For this example, we will use: “yourcompany.com”.
- On what subdomain of “yourcompany.com” do you want your Yondo store to reside? – This is essentially the name of the page. In this example, we are naming the page “store”. Once choosing the desired subdomain, our example store will be found at “store.yourcompany.com”
Configure your DNS
Next, in a separate browser window or a new tab, log into your domain provider’s admin panel and find the DNS configuration or Zone File Editor. Please see our list of major domain name providers for more help on configuring your DNS records. Here is what you need to do:
- Create a CNAME record
- Enter the Alias Name (For example “store” or "videosales).
- Point it to Host Name “yourcompany.yondo.com” (Please note that some domain providers need a trailing . [dot] at the end of the Host Name)
- Once this is done, click the blue Proceed button.
To make sure that your DNS is well configured, please click the “Test DNS” button. If your settings are correct, then your domain setup will be completed. If any errors are encountered, you will see a “No such host is known” message. If your existing DNS configuration does not point to Yondo, the system will return the following error: "Domain does not point to Yondo". In these cases, please double check the accuracy of your DNS Settings.
You might need to allow up to 24h for your DNS settings to fully take effect, depending on your domain registrar.
Save your settings
Once your configuration is done, click Save to complete the setup.
Your domain will be Pending while an SSL certificate is being generated. This automated process usually takes less than 10 minutes and ensures your site will always be served over a secure connection. Once the SSL certificate is ready, your site will automatically start using the domain. You can click the refresh button in your browser to check if it's ready.
If your domain remains Pending, please contact Yondo Support.
Setup instructions for the most popular domain name providers:
- Crazy Domains
- Yahoo Domains
- Network Solutions
If you need further assistance with setting up your domain alias, please feel free to get in touch with our support team at http://yondo.com/